My heart hurts for you, my friend...

Thursday, October 14, 2010
I wish I were in another place.
You see, I have this friend who needs me.
She needs me to be her friend and hold her hand.
She needs me to tell her it will be okay and not to give up.

And it sucks that I can't jump on a plane and be there by morning.

She needs me to remind her that His love never fails.
She needs me to tell her that loving an imperfect human takes work.
She needs me to hug her and hold her hand while we watch High School Musical or something equally mindless.

Because, you see, she's not just a friend. She's a sister in my heart.
My heart hurts because I know she is laying in bed crying and needing a friend.

And it sucks that I'm stuck here.

Just know, friend, that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
I'm coming soon, friend.
I'm coming soon to hold your hand and dry your tears.

0 comments:

Post a Comment