Yes, I realize it's 2:15 in the morning...

Friday, August 20, 2010
I have been thinking about adoption and the role fathers play in the lives of their children.
There are a whole lot of metaphors that I will probably bring up someday soon.
God as our father, God adopting us, our insecurities/securities as adopted children who have been removed from the filth that used to be our "home"...you see my point.

However, today is not the day for metaphors. Today is about children who need forever homes and the families who should be providing them. Today is about my sadness about not being able to adopt TOMORROW. Today is about saying "No" to that new car, or video game, or cell phone. Today is about saying "Yes" to a child who can't even count the days since he last ate. Today is about choosing to put our arms, literally and figuratively, around the people Jesus put into our lives.

"Maybe," you say confidently "not everyone is supposed to adopt."
"Maybe." I reply. "But here is what I know-God calls us to more than these material lives."

I'm going to try to post more later. Need some sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment