Welcome to “The Turquoise Peacock” blog!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I hope you will kick off your shoes and enjoy my ramblings.

If you hear a country twang sneak into my blog, just know that I came by it honestly.

I was born and raised (mostly) in Texas. I am the oldest of seven siblings and I was homeschooled my entire life. I’m not crazy conservative or super liberal. We moved a lot when I was younger. That might explain why I have been fascinated with travel and photography since I was a young child.

I’m currently dreaming of backpacking overseas. Think about it…taking unique photos, exploring history, and blogging about it. Sounds dreamy!

I love old maps, old photographs, foreign languages, art, colorful things, TURQUOISE, laughing with friends, pen pals, handwritten letters, adoption, children, and making things. I love getting crafty!

I miss having a Golden Retriever. I grew up with dogs, cats, horses, goats, etc. Living in West Texas most of my childhood was great! The only pet I have now is a beautiful betta that is currently unnamed. I just bought him on sale at Petsmart for three dollars! I had been debating whether to get one or not, but then I picked up his clear plastic container and realized that he is the most beautiful betta I have ever seen. I knew he had to go home with me. I’ll post pictures soon. My camera is in my car and my car is under more snow than this part of Texas has seen in a very long time. Brrr!

I realize it will take time to get readers and for you to get to know my writing voice.

There is much more that I want to talk about and I hope you will mark my blog as one to revisit.

Also, if you haven’t already, you should check out Meg Duerksen on her blog. She has been a major inspiration in starting a blog of my own.

Thanks for the listening ear!

0 comments:

Post a Comment